He looks like someone's grandfather. With long flowing white hair, a pair of thin spectacles, and a weary expression that moves from a yawn to a faint smile, he looks as if he might be quite content to read you a bedtime story. The ominous black blade in his hand and his steady, unyielding approach make you think that perhaps there is more to this legendary figure among the Dvergar than first impressions would reveal.
Attacks and abilities
There is nothing truly spectacular about The Sleeper other than the fact that he is a master in the use of his Edge of the Eclipse sword and an incredibly sturdy individual. He can attack two targets at once and can potentially round even a Grandmaster crit that is unfortunate enough to receive a double-strike. From these facts alone, The Sleeper is arguably the hardest boss in the game.
One of the greatest difficulties is actually finding him, as he can spawn in one of four different locations, each at the end of a long corridor sealed behind a door that uses the Blackstone Rune from the Dvergar Runemaster, but even getting as far as the Runemaster is not easy, as he sits behind an enchanted archway that only admits those who speak his true name, referenced in a concealed chamber elsewhere in the Stronghold.
- "Who disturbs my slumber?"
- Only appears on the multi-alt server.
- Level 31+ level requirement.
- Spawns in multiple locations, although only one instance of him ever appears at any one time.
- There is a Vortex Gate on his spawn squares that lead back to the Chamber of Four Doors, the point at which you must use the Blackstone Rune to choose which spawning location to investigate.
- "Who disturbs my slumber?" is also a line spoken by the tiger deity that guards the Cave of Wonders in Disney's Aladdin